There are basically 2 effective ways that I know to learn SEO, or Search Engine Optimization.
The first way is how I did:
- Get a computer science degree from a nation-leading engineering college.
- Go to graduate school at night for a Masters in Information Technology while working as a software engineer 80 hours a week.
- Study your ass off and take every assignment, project and course as an opportunity to learn how cutting edge technology is applied to business.
- Find Brin and Page’s thesis. And read it.
- Build a hundred or so websites and field test them over 12 years time. Keep what works, discard the rest.
Or, you can take the easy way:
Going to night school while working full time and running a business really takes it out of you. Reading the book is easy and can be completed in a much more timely manner. I also promise that the SEO Book is much cheaper than tuition.