Developing, designing, and building a website is a lot like writing an essay. If you take a little bit of time to sketch out your ideas and then order them in a logical progression, you’ll save a lot of heart ache later on. Try these 7 steps.
- Define – What is your website about? Who is it for? What do you want visitors to do when they are there?
- Research – What is your audience’s need? What do they look like? How do they speak? Where do they go for help?
- Analysis – Who else has made a successful site like the one you’re trying to make? Has anyone? What made it work or fail?
- Plan – How will your website address steps 1-3?
- Create the Body – Make pages that serve all the needs you described in step 4.
- Create a Compelling Experience – Make the content ‘pop’. Have a great title. Make smooth transfers between site elements. Visual appeal.
- Summation – Don’t forget your ultimate goal. If you are looking for sales, ask for them!